Image Panel 5

Information for Mainstream Services

About KU

  • KU manages over 140 children's services and programs across ACT, NSW, VIC and QLD.
  • KU has been managing AMEP child care for nearly 30 years.
  • We provide child care for the children of new migrants through the Adult Migrant English Program (AMEP) in partnership with Navitas English, City East Community College, Macquarie Community College and Mission Australia.
  • AMEP English colleges are located in : Auburn, Bankstown, Blacktown, Bondi, Burwood, Cabramatta, Campbelltown, Campsie, Ermington, Fairfield, Hurstville, Liverpool, Mt. Druitt, Parramatta, Wynyard and Canberra.
  • In 2015, KU will begin operating AMEP services in Canberra, ACT.

About AMEP

AMEP parents are entitled to up to 510 hrs of free English class tuition. English classes are offered Monday to Friday with an average 20 hours of tuition. Child care hours are aligned with parent's class hours and AMEP parents can use AMEP funded placements only whilst they attend their classes.

The KU Admin team will contact your centre to discuss vacancies and organise an AMEP enrolment in your service. We will ask you to complete the KU AMEP Enrolment Form and will only pay fees for the period and days that we agree with you in writing. Please do not commence any AMEP Enrolment without firstly seeking KU confirmation as we will not be liable for any incurred fees .

While KU is paying for their fees, AMEP parents are not eligible to claim CCB, CCR or JETCCFA. If AMEP parents wish to use your service on days that they are not enrolled in English class or after their AMEP entitlement finishes, they need to pay their own fees and some may be entitled to CCB, CCR and JETCCFA .

Enrolments of AMEP children

We strongly recommend that you view Child Care Service Handbook 2013 - 2014 Sections 8 and 9 and see "AMEP enrolments".

AMEP children need to be enrolled in your service as an AMEP/Other enrolment. Where a family with an AMEP/Other enrolment also uses care for sessions when they are liable for the fees, they may be eligible for CCB and/or CCR for that care. In such cases, services must create two enrolment records for the family-one an AMEP/Other enrolment and the other a Formal or Informal enrolment.