Sector Development Program
KU Children’s Services (KU) receives funding from the NSW Department of Education under the Sector Development Grants Program. The Sector Development Program is designed to allow Government to partner with KU to work towards:
- The common goal of universal access to an early childhood education for the Government’s target cohort;
- Ensuring that the standards of the National Quality Framework are met; and
- Strengthening the viability for the early childhood sector in NSW.
As a funded provider, KU undertakes a number of activities that are aligned with the requirements of the funding to support the early childhood education workforce. These include:
- Representation on Advisory Boards
- Early childhood education student awards
- Early childhood education student engagement and career advice
- Resource and publication development and distribution
- Improving access to professional development
- Development of a business planning tool
Early childhood professionals can access content developed through the Sector Development Program via this webpage. Most recently, KU updated the Business Planning Tool which can be accessed below.
KU has developed guidelines and a template to support the business planning process for early childhood services. The Business Planning Guidelines provides an outline to assist in the development of Business Plans for early childhood services and should be used in conjunction with the corresponding Business Plan Template.
Guidelines for development of Business Plans for ECEC Services
Business Plan Template